Friday, January 24, 2014

When scaries abound

So this morning I was sleeping in, quite peacefully when all of a sudden a loud screaming started.  I don't think many people like being awoken by their fire alarms going off.  I quickly checked all the rooms in the house, no smoke. Thank goodness.  Now to make the things stop screaming at me.  A change from the house that I grew up in is that with the house that C and I currently live in, the alarms are wired together (so every single one was going off) and it is wired to the alarm system that calls the police and fire department.  So here I am trying to figure out how to get the alarms off while worried that I was going to get a visit from the fire department.  The hero in this story is my husband.  I call him near bawling, ( I have had a massive migraine the past three days, the alarms did not help) asking how I get them to turn off.  He says climb up and unattach one.  I did and it was still screaming in my hand.  It is no longer attached to the system but all of the alarms are still screaming.  So the battery comes out.  And blissful silence in my house.  I am proud of one fact....not a single dog in my house started howling with the alarms and A (my husbands Flat coated retriever) did not start freaking out.

So moral of this story.  Know how to turn off your fire alarms so that you don't have to call your significant other during class.

No comments:

Post a Comment